COVID19 – CLIENT INFORMATION/DISCLAIMER
I would like all my clients, present and future, to be aware that I am taking the threat of Coronavirus very seriously, and will do everything in my power to keep both you, my client, and of course, myself and my family, as safe as I possibly can. To that end, I am setting out, below, the changes to the way I will be running Purple Tree Therapies for the foreseeable future – which I hope will meet with your approval.
I would be grateful if you could adhere to the following procedures –
- If you, or any member of your family or close friends, have either had the following symptoms or have been in contact with anybody who is displaying these symptoms; or if you have travelled to a high risk area or if you have visited somebody who is poorly and self-isolating, then please stay away until you know yourself to be safe. As I’m sure you’re aware, these are the symptoms to be aware of:
- a high temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)
- a new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
- a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste – this means you’ve noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal
- Please arrive on time – not early. There is no waiting room facility for you to use.
- Please leave all personal/unnecessary items in your car – coats, scarves, bags, phones, etc.
- Please stay in your car until I open the door and invite you in, where social distancing will be observed at all times.
- Please bring your own bottle of water, and a packet of tissues (that you will be required to take home with you when you leave the premises to dispose of at home).
- You will be offered a hand sanitiser when you enter the house. Please feel free to request more throughout your session if you would like some, or bring your own.
- It would be appreciated if you could pay for any sessions due by BACS in advance. If you prefer to pay by cash, please deposit the correct money in an envelope with your name on. Card facilities will be available for you, but only as a last resort.
- It goes against my grain too, but please don’t expect a handshake or hug when you enter or leave the house. A distanced greeting is going to have to suffice for now!
- Please bring a pen with you, so that you can sign any necessary paperwork, or make notes.
- A notebook will be provided for you to keep notes, if you haven’t already been given one.
- A tray will be provided for you to deposit your keys, water, tissues and pen (and any other absolutely necessary items) that will be disinfected between clients, along with the surrounding area.
I will make the therapy room as comfortable for you as possible (reclining chair, etc) but all cushions, throws etc will be removed. The chair and all surrounding areas, used by both yourself and myself, will be disinfected between each client and a thorough deep clean of the room (and other areas used by clients) will be carried out every day. Soft areas will be sprayed and hard areas will be scrubbed. An extra 30 minutes will be allowed between clients to facilitate this.
Toilet facilities will be available, if necessary, but please try to avoid using wherever possible. Again, a thorough clean will be carried out whenever the WC is used, and paper towels, liquid soap and hand sanitiser will be available for you to use.
Handouts will no longer be given to you as a hard copy, but will be emailed to you to download and print off at home.
If you, or a member of your household, become ill within 7 days of a visit to my house, please let me know immediately, so that I can take steps to inform the appropriate authorities.
And finally, if you have any concerns regarding this, please do get in touch. I’m happy to answer any queries and adapt in any way I can, that’s necessary for your safety, comfort and peace of mind.